07 June 2010

little baby D

I was so excited for the day this kid was born, he would be my first home birth! It was an amazing event to attend. The midwives were great, the dad was completely hospitable and the mom... was amazing. She persevered through many hours of labor and brought a beautiful baby into the world. Unfortunately, I had to leave the house for a little bit and during that time was when the baby came (bummer, bummer, bummer), but I was there soon after! Now, without further ado, here are the pictures:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

8 comments:

Rachel said...

He is soooo beautiful! There kitchen looks like mine:) Great job- to everyone!

Rachel said...

I meant "their"...

Kimberly said...

Beautiful work Courtney! That is such an empowering experience for that Mama and Papa. Such a beautiful baby boy!

Marissa and Blaine said...

Beautiful!

Mandi Nikole said...

these are great. I'm shooting my first delivery on Thursday. It is special b/c it is my cousin's wife having the baby. I'm so excited.

Ashleigh said...

How neat that she delivered at home and that you were there to take pictures of the whole event...okay maybe not the "whole" event, but close enough. So awesome!

Gabrielle said...

How did you end up getting into this genre of photography? I'm curious! Babies come when they want to, how do you plan for something like this? =)

sampleletters said...

Nice, i too would like to take my wife pics like you. thanks for sharing your private info.

Maternity Leave Letters